Friday, June 14, 2013

Craving Outback's Chopped Blue Salad



I have really been craving Outback's Chopped Blue Salad, but I don't want to go stand in line in the heat to get in and hour later.  I know lazy, but hey I can do so much more with that hour, and my hubby makes a much better steak.  So I decided to just make it at home.  

Yummy!!!
I adapted a couple different recipes online to come up with what tasted most like it to me.  Let me know what you think.


Ingredients -

Salad
3 C chopped bibb or butter lettuce
3 C red leaf lettuce
3 C iceberg lettuce
1 green onion top chopped
4 oz angel hair pasta
1/3 C candied pecans*
oil (for frying)

Vinaigrette
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C white vinegar
1/4 t balsamic vinegar
1 t Dijon mustard
2 T sour cream
2 T chopped fresh basil
1/2 C crumbled blue cheese
salt & pepper to taste


Directions -

  • Break angel hair pasta into small, approx. 2 in., pieces.  Cook until al dente. Drain and dry completely.  Heat oil and fry drained pasta until crispy.  Drain and cool on paper towel.
  • Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
  • Chop all lettuce into small bite size pieces.  Wash and dry sliced greens. Chop green onion top.
  • Put part of vinaigrette in bottom of a large bowl.  Add Chopped lettuce, green onion, fried pasta and crumble candied pecans.  Top with remaining vinaigrette and toss.
Ready to eat!!!  

*I have used both store bought candied pecans and made crock pot candied pecans.  I'll add the crock pot recipe soon.



post signature








 


No comments:

Post a Comment